INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Information You Provide Us
Customer Information: When you sign up to create an account with Elph, you provide us with information about yourself, including your email address. You may also share information with Elph when you use certain portions of the Platform. For example, if you participate in crowdfunding, you may provide Elph with your email address, whether you are an accredited investor, your citizenship and nationality, and a dollar amount that you are planning to contribute.
Cryptocurrency Information: In order for you to use Elph as an all-in-one platform that stores all of your digital assets and lets you browse the decentralized web, you may also share with Elph various cryptocurrency addresses and private keys to these addresses. Private keys will always be encrypted and inaccessible to Elph.
Communications. If you contact us directly, we may receive additional information about you. For example, when you contact us for customer support, we may receive your name, email address, phone number, the contents of a message or attachments that you may send to us, and other information you choose to provide. You may choose to upload logs to Elph concerning your usage of the Platform and its behavior.
Information We Collect Automatically From Your Use of the Services
Platform Information Collection: When you use the Platform, Elph automatically collects information that allows it to serve as an all-in-one platform for digital assets and a browser for the decentralized web. For example, Elph collects information to help you track your cryptocurrency transactions. Elph also tracks which decentralized applications (“dApps”) its users access in order to provide a centralized listing of dApps and suggest dApps its users may wish to use. To help you discover dApps and get maximum utility out of the assets you hold, Elph and its third party service providers automatically collect the following information when you use the Platform:
- Your IP address (and the approximate location your IP address corresponds with);
- dApps that you use within the Platform;
- Actions within dApps that require interaction with information stored by the Platform (including logging in, where required);
- Transactions made within the dApps;
- Cryptographic signatures you enter for the dApps;
- Your browser history within the Platform, including URLs manually entered, and browsing patterns;
- Time spent on the Platform, as well as on individual pages within the Platform.
By sharing cryptocurrency information, including wallet addresses, as discussed above in the Information You Provide Us section, Elph tracks certain information that is publicly available, including:
- Balances on these addresses;
- All transactions in and out of a certain address, including the amount that was transacted (balance sent and received), and the parties involved in the transaction (sender and receiver).
If the Platform encounters technical difficulties and crashes, it may automatically send Elph logs concerning your usage of the Platform and its behavior prior to the crash. This allows Elph to analyze and correct bugs and technical difficulties.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We may use the information we collect:
- To provide our Services, allow you to use the Platform to access dApps and make transactions, and to recommend dApps to you that you may be interested in based on your prior activities.
- To operate, maintain, enhance and provide features of the Services, to provide services and information that you request, to respond to comments and questions, and otherwise to provide support to users.
- To understand and analyze the usage trends and preferences of our users, to improve the Services, and to develop new products, services, features, and functionality.
- To contact you for administrative and informational purposes, and to contact individuals whom you invite to join the service. This may include providing customer service or sending communications, including changes to our terms, conditions, and policies, or invitations to join the service.
- For marketing purposes, such as developing and providing promotional and advertising materials that may be useful, relevant, valuable or otherwise of interest.
- For our business purposes, such as audits, security, compliance with applicable laws and regulations, fraud monitoring and prevention.
- To enforce our Terms of Service or other legal rights.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We disclose information that we collect through the Services to third parties in the following circumstances:
- To our third party service providers who provide services such as website hosting data analysis, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery, online advertising, auditing, and other services.
- To a potential or actual acquirer, successor, or assignee as part of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
- If required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
We may use and disclose aggregate information that does not identify or otherwise relate to an individual for any purpose, unless we are prohibited from doing so under applicable law.
THIRD PARTY SERVICES
We use certain physical, organizational, and technical safeguards that are designed to maintain the integrity and security of information that we collect. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable and thus we cannot and do not guarantee the security of your data. It is important that you maintain the security and control of your credentials, and not share your passwords or private keys with anyone.
From time to time, we send marketing e-mail messages to our users. If you no longer want to receive such emails from us on a going forward basis, you may opt-out via the “unsubscribe” link provided in each such email.
USE OF SERVICES BY MINORS
The Services are not directed to individuals under the age of thirteen (13), and we request that they not provide personal information through the Services.
INTERNATIONAL CROSS-BORDER DATA TRANSFER
Elph uses servers hosted in the United States. Please note that we may be transferring your information outside of your region for storage and processing in the United States and around the globe. By using the Services you consent to the transfer of information to countries outside of your country of residence, including the United States, which may have data protection rules that are different from those of your country.